On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:01:43 +0100, MFPA
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My mileage if I forget to put something in "To:" varies according to
>which server I am sending from - either it will be sent or I'll get an
>error message instead.
>
>If it is sent, most addressees receive it ok but the odd one does not,
>which might be the fault of anti-spam filtering at their end (or by
>their ISP) rather than a server dropping the message. I may or may not
>get a bounce notification.
>
>IIRC, leaving "To:" blank is contrary to an RFC (although I can't
>remember if there MUST or only SHOULD be a valid address in that field).
>
>Also, an empty "To:" field usually becomes something awful, like
>"undisclosed-recipients".

Oh man, this is going to sound like a stupid question (and it probably
is): now that I have created my new group, how do I send a message to
it? When I create the new message, I click on the Address Book button
beside bcc. My Address Book opens up. I'm ok so far. However, there
are no groups listed here, it is just the root of the Address Book
with everyone listed. So, I click on the dropdown field and find the
group. Still doing ok. Now, I cannot see any way to add the whole
group in one go, I still have to go through and double click on each
member of the group, which basically negates the whole point of
creating a group :(

(One other question about groups - I created two groups, one that had
the 'hide items' unticked, the other that had it ticked. I then moved
old email addresses that I no longer use - but still want to keep just
in case - into the group with the option ticked. That removed them
from the root of the Address Book - which is what I wanted - when I go
Tools-Address Book, but when I create a new message and click on the
Address Book button beside the to field, all those people are still
listed in the root of the Address Book, the exact opposite of when you
go Tools-Address Book. Is this the way it is meant to work and if so,
how is it best to remove them from plain sight, but still have them in
the Address Book if I need them in future?)
--

Regards,

Mr Happy