Hi Peter from the Danish Peninsula, home of the late Victor Borge,

Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 11:37:17 AM, you wrote:

> Bob,

> On 10-09-2008 19:12, you wrote in
> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> One of the last Mail Management pane items to be possibly checked is
>> this, "When inactive, disconnect after (X) seconds."  Is it better to
>> check that or to not check it when one has an always-on DSL
>> connection?

> I'd not check it.

> It means that it disconnects from the server if you do not "work" with
> it. On xDSL there should be no reason for this.

I was thinking of conserving bandwidth in the whole system.  I think
of IMAP as very handy (convenient) but perhaps using much more
bandwidth than POP.  Am I mistaken?

>> And - does that mean that TB becomes active when I do something like
>> select or open a message?

> If you have set the appropriate options under Automatically connect to
> server it will.

Ok.  Thank you for that informative reply.  I appreciate it.

--

Take Care,

 Bob

--