> Hi

> On Wednesday 17 September 2008 at 8:13:23 PM, in
> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dan Lester wrote:

>> When they write the check they cross out the phone number on it

> Phone number? On a cheque?

Most US banks put it on by default.  In the past, at least, stores
would always ask for it when you wrote the check and they checked your
drivers license.  As noted, these days the checks are generally
scanned and confirmed electronically, much like your credit/debit card
is.  I'm sure the checks in question had been ordered several years
before they were used.  Since I don't write the few checks I'm not
sure if our current ones have phone or not.

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID