Hello,

I've been using The Bat! for some time and have been having an ongoing
problem with corrupted mail folders. (The Bat! v4.0.38, with on-the-fly
encryption active.)

It may be that I never quite cleaned up the problem, I'm not sure.
Typically when I ran the Maintenance Centre, it would find lots of
errors in lots of folders, then I'd end up with empty folders. :( I
guess I get part????.bin files, though I haven't done anything with
them.

Most recently I did a restore from a .TBK backup and appear to have
restored some bad folders (I could see it happening, since I'm likely
now to do a backup before messing around with my message base, yet
I've got bad folders).

I've got several .TBK backups available, and I have 32 part????.bin
files in various folders. What's the best way to get the most files
back?

I'm thinking I should restore all the backups, good and bad, then run
Maintenance Centre again and let it purge the dupes and create yet
more .bin files. Then, import from the .bin files (RIT told me to do
that, though I'm not completely clear on the procedure since they said
to rename as MESSAGES.TBB [presumably MESSAGES.EBB?] and import,
though I guess not from their current folders).

Does this seem reasonable? Will restoring from a backup overwrite what
I already have (if so, what do I do?)? And is there a way to avoid
this happening again and again? I'm not now sure whether everything
was cleaned up once, then went bad again, or if I never really got the
badness fixed.

Thanks!

--
 Andrew                          mailto:aweb...@wwwebbers.com