Hello Jernej,

JS> On Saturday, October 24, 2009, 20:02:48, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> Since the consensus seems to be that in order to ensure compatibility
>> with W7 I'll need to upgrade to at least 4.0.38 (thanks Doug), will I
>> have to purchase the upgrade or will my 3.99.3 key enable the upgrade?

JS> IIRC, 4.0.38 is the last version that works with 3.x keys. You need to
JS> buy an upgrade for 4.1.0 and newer (note that 4.1 also changes the
JS> message store format, so you cannot downgrade from it to 4.0.38).

Which brings up a question. If by "message store format" you mean the
actual format in which the messages were stored, fine. I can
understand older versions not being able to understand the newer
format. However, with earlier versions messages were stored on the
disk in the MAIL folder buried in

C:\Program Files\The Bat!\MAIL\Jack S. LaRosa\inbox

The above location contains a file called MESSAGES.TBB which I believe
are the actual messages. There's also a file called MESSAGES.TBI whose
function is a mystery to me. After the change in the message store
format was instituted with 4.1, where are messages stored now?

TIA
--
Jack LaRosa                        mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 3.99.3 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3