Hi

On Monday 9 November 2009 at 6:57:40 PM, in
<mid:4af86624.50...@cencon.org>, Dave Goodman wrote:

> I'm either having a senior moment, or am just in over
> my head. I'm moving my TB! 3.99

Incidentally, you can use 4.0.x versions with the v3 licence but not
4.1.x versions. For this reason, 4.0.38 is still available for
download at http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php

> from an antique W2K
> system to a semi-antique XP system. On the XP system I
> want TB! to be available to those with User privileges.
> The TB! installation must be done with Administrator
> privileges, and once done is invisible to Users, though
> Options->Network
& Administration->>Privileges->Access Rights->User is set.

I don't recognise that option. Is it something XP Pro has that XP Home
does not?

My guess for making TB! visible to all users would be to put the
program shortcuts into the "All Users"
folders instead of the ones specific to the user account that
installed it.

That is, move them from

%userprofile%\desktop and
%userprofile%\start menu\Program Shortcuts\The Bat! E-Mail

%allusersprofile%\desktop and
%allusersprofile%\start menu\Program Shortcuts\The Bat! E-Mail

> Ideally, each user should be able to access TB! and be
> confined to his own set of mail files. Possible?

Yes. (The default is the program resides in %programfiles%\The Bat!
but each user's mail and configuration files live in their own profile
at %appdata%/The Bat!)

> How?

Try the suggestion above. I think the new mail folders for each XP
user account are generated the first time TB! is opened by that user
account.

--
Best regards

MFPA

There is no job so simple that it cannot be done wrong

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600