Hello Tim,

On Friday, March 19, 2010 you wrote:

TH> Hello Rick,

TH> Thursday, March 18, 2010, 7:56:37 PM, you wrote:

>>> Hello Tbudl,

>>>   I just retrieved 28 emails or so I thought? TB retrieved 28 emails
>>>   from my server but lost every single one of them. They are nowhere
>>>   to be found in any of my folders. I have looked through every single
>>>   one of them including Junk and Trash and they are simply not there.
>>>   This is the first time TB has done this and I am just coming back on
>>>   board using TB from a long sabbatical from using Barca2. Now, I wish I
>>>   would have stayed with Barca2. I have never lost emails before...
>>>   does anyone know what possibly could have happened and where these
>>>   emails went to? It's as if they simply vanished in Cyberspace thanks
>>>   to TB.
>> Just a fast thought trying to help: get on top of the inbox for the
>> account and view deleted messages <control>B and see if the show that
>> way.

TH> My  mistake, what a dope I am.  It appears my plugin for Agava was set
TH> to  delete  spam  messages  with a score of 80+, the only problem was,
TH> AGAVA  was  deleting  everything.   I  switched from AntiSpamSniper to
TH> Agava  AntiSpamServant  because AntiSpamSniper takes forever to scan
TH> email.   Just  out of curiosity and I was wondering if anyone can tell
TH> me  what the best AntiSpam filter is for TB?  Thanks for your help and
TH> the trouble in advance.

In days of yore when this question was asked of the list, the reply was
frequently "K9" (http://keir.net/k9.html) which I have used since then.  Upon
request K9 displays ALL received email and gives *YOU* the choice to flag
selected messages as spam.  It became routine for me to fetch my emails and
then immediately look at what K9 had for me.  I would then flag those spam
messages as such so that K9 would learn what to look for next time.

Do a search for K9 at: http://www.mail-archive.com/tbudl%40thebat.dutaint.com/
and see what all the discussions were at the time.

My incidence of spam now is almost non-existent.  I *MIGHT* receive one or two
spam emails per month now.  Is it because of K9? I don't know and I don't care
but I'm stick'n with K9.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3