Hello Roelof,

On Sunday, July 25, 2010 you wrote:

RO> Hallo David,

RO> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:25:00 -0400GMT (24-7-2010, 17:25 , where I
RO> live), you wrote:

DC>> Give it a base filename and then let it name them name-date

RO> Well, that exactly what TB is doing for me.

Roelof, can you give us an example of just how you are able to accomplish that?
 I tried to do that using several of the examples I found in the archives but
all I was ever able to do was get a filename which was the exact string of
characters used in the macro which should have equated out to a date or
date/time filename.

I found an old email on this subject, written by me coincidentally, which seems
to indicate that the macro: autobackup-%DATE(yyyy-mm-dd)-%TIME(hh-mm-ss).tbk
would produce a backup filename consisting of the date and time.  Alas, all it
did (I just tried it) was produce a backup with the filename
"autobackup-%DATE(yyyy-mm-dd)-%TIME(hh-mm-ss).tbk". It looks like the %DATE and
%TIME aren't being recognized by TB!, at least not for an automatically
generated filename. I even tried to simplify it by using
"autobackup-%DATE-%TIME.tbk" and I ended up with a backup file called:
autobackup-%DATE-%TIME.tbk.

--
Jack LaRosa

Currently using The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3