Hello mark,

On Saturday, July 24, 2010 you wrote:

m> I can do a normal full backup whenever I like, using The Bat
tools/backup/standard method manually.  Scheduled (automatic) full backups fail
to work after the first one, however, apparently because the filename is
already taken.

m> Sorry if my original post wasn't clear.

No problem.  What you describe is exactly why I started this thread in the
first place. Apparently TB! will refuse to overwrite the previous backup
because the filename has already been used.  I don't need/want my external
backup drive filling up with full backups with different filenames.

I suppose one might be able to use TASK SCHEDULER to execute a batch file which
would delete the previous backup prior to TB! doing a scheduled full backup.

Actually, you could make the argument that it's risky *NOT* to have previous
backups in case something in TB! went hinky and you've just erased the previous
GOOD backup and replaced it with a corrupt backup.

I dunno.  Maybe we're not looking at this with eyes wide open.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3