Hello Lynn,

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 13:25:33 -0700 GMT (26/Jul/10, 3:25 AM +0700 GMT),
TheLimit wrote:

T> I thought the easy way to deal with this would just be to
T> filter these emails from the 'wrong' account to a
T> folder in the 'right' account, since the filter options
T> imply strongly that you can do just this.

Yes, this works over here. If the fitler is triggered it performs a
Move To action.

T> However, this isn't happening, and I can't figure out why.

Send us your filter for disection.

My guess is that either the filtering condition isn't what you think
it is, or there is another filter catching that mail and not
continuing with other filters.

T> Since a couple of hours of tinkering had no useful result, and one
T> of the options in the filters is to 'redirect the message', I
T> thought that would probably work.

That's a completed different think. The Move filter will move the
message in the DB on your computer, Redirect will send it by SMTP to
the other email address, which by coincidence is also read by your
TB!.

T> I should say that I have both POP and IMAP accounts in this mess,
T> and at the moment I am trying to filter from a POP account (gmail)
T> to an IMAP (local, my freebsd server running postfix) account.

OK, I can talk only about POP. Don't know whether Move would work
to/from an IMAP account.

T> Eternal gratitude in advance -

Are you sre about the 'eternal' part? ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.33.9