On 7/26/2010 you wrote:

> Hi

> On Monday 26 July 2010 at 6:38:14 AM, in
> <mid:199967424.20100725223...@comcast.net>, TheLimit wrote:

>> On 7/25/2010 you wrote:

>>> Hello Lynn,

>>> Yes, this works over here. If the fitler is triggered
>>> it performs a Move To action.

> It works here, too. As long as I make sure the message isn't caught by
> an earlier filter in the list that doesn't continue processing other
> filters. I use all "common filters" so have to make sure I "share" the
> filter with all necessary accounts.

Hmm. I don't use common filters. Better look at that ...
maybe that's the ticket!

[little snip]

> Looks OK to me. As long as Terry is always using that "from" address.

Yes.

> And if it's a common filter, you have it shared with the appropriate
> accounts.

No, but I'll remember for other applications  :-)

> Does "test filters" suggest it should work? (Select a message and
> right-click..)

That too - thanks.

Which brings me to -

Amazingly - bearing in mind that I was wrestling with the
thing over a couple of days - at some point yesterday all
the messages in the POP inbox did get shifted over to the
correct folder in the IMAP box.  Several times,
apparently; there are now multiple dupes in that folder.

I have no way to know, of course, which filter model was
effective, but operating on the KISS principle, I'll just
assume it was the 'move' filter I posted to the list. Now
I just need to get rid of the dupes, but has anybody got a
clue why this delay happened?  A way to fix it?

One of the things that is driving me mad with this IMAP
account is that there is always a lag for anything I do,
except initiating or replying to a message. Deletes
sometimes take all day, even if I close the mailer and
reopen it.  Because it doesn't delete immediately, I am
afraid it will delete something I didn't intend to dump,
and it does seem to have eaten a few messages along the
way.

I don't see this lag in the POP accounts.

For those who didn't catch my first message with all the
info, the IMAP accounts are on my freeBSD server, which is
running PostFix.  In case that's relevant.  It's probably
also relevant that I'm no Linux wizard, (or even literate
there) and have not yet figured out how all that stuff
works.

Again, many thanks in advance for any wisdom you have to
offer!

--
Lynn
:Hawthorne: :usflag: :canadaflag:

theli...@comcast.net         * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2

Windows 6, Build 7600
4.2.36.4