Hello MFPA,

On Friday, July 30, 2010 you wrote:

M> Hi

M> On Friday 30 July 2010 at 3:16:20 PM, in
M> <mid:491928220.20100730091...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

>> Am I somehow not viewing the message properly from
>> GMAIL or, since the FireFox icon attachment is nowhere
>> to be found when the message is forwarded, cannot
>> properly view the attachment?

M> I can't answer your specific question about gmail but can report that
M> forwarding HTML emails in the normal way is unreliable for me. If I
M> forward the message as an attachment, it generally gets there intact.
M> For clarity, I mean that I attach the *entire* message to my outgoing
M> email and not just the HTML attachment.

M> Try forwarding to an account you access through TB! and see if it can
M> be viewed properly. Better still, use POP or IMAP to look at your
M> gmail account; that might possibly show it was received properly but
M> the web interface has a problem.

Prior to my installing v4.2.36.4 yesterday, FORWARDing an HTML email
always included the FireFox HTML attachment automatically in the
forward.  That feature was lost or misplaced in the latest version.

Upon receipt of your reply I started experimenting based on what you
wrote.  It never would have occurred to me to include the original
email from the comic strips as an attachment to my recipient. Before I
was successful in figuring out *how* to attach an entire email to an
outgoing email, I discovered that by right-clicking on the FireFox
attachment contained in the original email, I was presented with an
option to RESEND TO... Clicking on that drop-down menu option starts a
blank email with the FireFox attachment...attached.

Since I didn't care about the body of the original comics email,
resending the HTML attachment is really all I need.

But just out of curiosity, how *DO* you attach an entire email to
another outgoing email?

--
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 4.2.36.4.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3