Hello MFPA,

On Friday, July 30, 2010 you wrote:

------------------------------ SNIP ---------------------------------

>> But just out of curiosity, how *DO* you attach an
>> entire email to another outgoing email?

M> Method One

M>        Open a new email

M>        Drag the message you are forwarding from the message list to
M>        the new message window you just opened and drop it.
M>
M>        This works for most email clients I've used.

This method doesn't seem to work for me. Although I can drag the
original message I'm trying to forward into the new blank message, the
resulting attachment becomes 1.eml and when received in my Gmail
account, contains nothing but HTML code.

M> Method Two

M>        "Alternative Forward" from the "Specials" menu
M>        (or Shift+Alt+F5)
M>
M>        The body to which the forwarded message is attached will have
M>        whatever content is created by the forwarding template being
M>        used.

Here's the kind of thing that gives me an attack of the vapors (You
might need to look that up. Your photo looks youthful.)

If in AccountProperties-Templates-Forward, the
Forward-messages-as-attachments (MIME standard) is ticked, then
SHIFT-ALT-F5 generates a forward with the with the HTML attachment
intact. However, clicking on the FORWARD arrow at top generates a
forward with the HTML attachment replaced with the 1.eml attachment.

If on the other hand in AccountProperties-Templates-Forward, the
Forward-messages-as-attachments (MIME standard) is UN-ticked, then
SHIFT-ALT-F5 now produces a forward with 1.eml replacing the original
HTML attachment. However, clicking on the FORWARD arrow at top
generates a forward *WITH* the HTML attachment *JUST AS IT USED TO BE*
before I upgraded to 4.2.36.4.

I was sure I tried every possible combination of generating forwards
before I asked for help but I see now this old addled brain must be on a
downward, slippery slope towards senility.

M> Method Three

M>        Go to Account Properties | Templates | Forward
M>
M>        Place a tick in the box labelled
M>        "Forward messages as attachments (MIME standard)"
M>
M>        This has the effect of switching around the "Forward" and
M>        "Alternative Forward" functions so that selecting "Forward"
M>        (or CTRL+o) creates a new message with the message attached
M>        that you wish to forward.

See above.

Thanks M.

--
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 4.2.36.4.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3