No :(  I am using a regular non-thread Tcl library.  Can I compile with
-D_RENTRANT, but without threads?  We have this requirement of being able to
use Tcl extensions such as Scotty.  So we are not using threaded Tcl.

Darn!  With problems like this, does it mean that there is no safe way of
using a non-threaded Tcl in a JVM because the JVM is threaded by default.
The JVM is going to allocate one thread to execute non-threaded Tcl code.
Tcl tries to access system globals.  JVM also tries to access the same
system globals.

-- Jiang Wu
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]