On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Scott Stanton wrote:

> Mo DeJong said:
>  > It sure would make life easier if we just required Tcl
>  > threads to use Tcl Blend. The notifier thing would go
>  > away because we could count on threads being there.
>
> I'm all in favor of this.  As the threaded version of Tcl becomes more
> stable, I'd like to see it become the default, anyway.
>
> --Scott

Lets see if we can list the pros and cons before we make a final decision.

Pro:
  Tcl Blend would work, we would avoid strange edge cases.
  We would not need the notifier hacks

Con:
  Non-thread safe extensions may have problems under Unix.
  Need to detect if Tcl is compiled with thread support. (not too hard)

I am sure I have missed a few.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc