Yes, they may be fixed in the future.  Though I can't stop working waiting
for them to be fixed.  So I have to work with what I can get today.

> > This is an unfortunate fact for UNIX due to its history and vendor
> > variations.  Not having pre-compiled versions do not solve
> the real problem.
> > It only pushes the problem to the user.  That may be the
> only solution, but
> > it is very good in my mind.
>
> Well, the -D_REENTRANT thing is going to require a recompile of
> the extension, so I don't see how it is such a big deal.

The point I was making is that having everyone compiling
Tcl/TclBlend/extensions is big waste of time.  Ideally, people can download
and use so that they can focus on developing solutions using the tools
rather than worrying about compiling the tools.  But I guess that is as much
a wishful thinking as hoping that the extensions will be fixed to be
thread-safe.

-- Jiang Wu
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]