From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Suzette Leeming
Sent: 07 November 2007 19:48
To: TCP List
Subject: [TCP] OT Vent re: STC

I am and have been a member of the STC for YEARS.  I tried to get on their
main site today (www.stc.org) only to find I did not know what my password
is/was. I selected the option to send me my login information and got an
html message that an error had occurred. So, then I selected the option to
reset my password and I got a message that the password has been reset, and
email will be sent to me, and to change the password after I login. Fine and
dandy.  Email never came and we're going on four hours now.

I sent a message through their website, explaining what I was trying to do,
and my frustration. I received a response that explained how certain
functions weren't working, blah, blah, blah, and that they were changing to
a new association management system, etc. Lots of excuses, but no answers.

I am just supposed to say "oh well, I pay all this money each year, but I
guess I can't access the site" and just shut up and go away? Should I cancel
my membership? The cost of membership is a tad high just to get 4 magazines
a year and no other benefit.

If a user sent me an email explaining how they could not open a PDF file
from my company, should I just respond, "yeah, I know - those PDFs have
problems" and leave it at that? That's the equivalent of the response I got.

Sorry this is off-topic (I did warn in the subject line). I feel better for
having vented.

Suzette Leeming
Stouffville, ON

PS - If I made any typos or grammatical errors, get over it. I will.

Need affordable web hosting? I recommend 1 & 1 - that's where I'm hosted!
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6815038

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help technology
and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

Unsubscribe (email): send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the
addressee. If you have received this communication in error please remove it
and inform us via
telephone or email. Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and
attachments
are free from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any
responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds. The
views represented
within this mail are solely the view of the author and do not reflect the views
of the organisation
as a whole.
Graham Technology plc
Registered in Scotland company no. SC143434
Registered Office India of Inchinnan, Renfrewshire, Scotland PA4 9LH

http://www.grahamtechnology.com