Hey Michael,
   Actually my solution is to include pcap-int.h in the
install.  It solves about 35 of my problems, such as
having a prototype declaration for pcap_read() and
pcap_read_offline().  I know I'm reading from an interface,
why would I ever want to go through the overhead of
pcap_dispatch() to get to pcap_read()?

   You'll need to provide an example as to why a vendor
supplied pcap-int.h is going to screw anything up.  If
the system library was built using it, then anyone
should be able to use it.

Carter

Carter Bullard
QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone +1 212 588-9133
Fax   +1 212 588-9134
http://qosient.com

  www.tcpdump.org has been maintaining the code for two years now on a
volunteer basis.
  Send patches.

  We have discussed that libpcap needs to hit 1.0 - with API changes.
Suggest
them. Write the man pages.

    Carter> Libpcap is a great collection of sub-routines.  It is a
better
    Carter> collection of sub-routines when the internal structures are
    Carter> available.  If you guys don't want to make it easy, by
providing
    Carter> pcap-int.h, then at least give us a version number so we can
    Carter> derive pcap-int.h on our own.

  Providing pcap-int.h will TOTALLY SCREW YOU if you use vendor shipped
libraries.

  If you want a pcap version call *SEND THE PATCH* already.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |
firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net
architect[
] [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device
driver[ ] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking,
security guy");  [

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe