Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

> the current boehm-gc port works with rthreads, best way forward is
> probably to update that to a newer version, maintaining the patches that
> we have.
>
> perhaps the uthread workarounds that we used to have in the port got
> committed upstream and now need to be reverted?

I can't be sure but it looks to me like there are some big changes from
version 7.0 (OpenBSD 5.2 ports) to 7.2d (latest release) of Boehm GC,
which render the patches for the old one useless.  What I can be sure
about is that 7.2d and the master branch on GitHub don't use the patches
from OpenBSD ports, but something that uses pthread_suspend_np.  (That
way it builds fine without any patching on recent OpenBSD versions up to
5.1, before rthreads became default.)  I don't know why they would do
that if the 7.0 patches kept working.