On Mar 26, 2013, at 6:26 PM, Creamy <cre...@nocrater.com> wrote:

>> but I honestly question the utility of any of these ISA
>> network and SCSI drivers.
>
> Perhaps somebody who is new to coding might be able to learn something
> from them?

There is such a vast amount of code in the different BSD flavours
alone that it becomes very unlikely someone will stumble upon ISA
code bits, especially if one is a novice programmer. And how many
of those are old enough to have seen what ISA looks like nowadays?

Looking at diffs which remove ISA relevant stuff is probably the only
time they will see it -- that's educational *and* teducational at the
same time. Sorry for the bad pun.

> Looking to the future, when are we going to drop 486 support, anyway?

Now, that's a more interesting thing ask.