On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 07:52:22PM +0300, Valentin Zagura wrote:
> > There is no entity
> > that owns or can be held responsible for the code, or is capable
> > of providing a solid evidentuary path from commit to your hands.
>
> I thought if we buy the CDs we WILL get "a solid evidentuary path from
> commit to" our hands.
>
> So this isn't the case?

Physical email is as susceptible to MITM attacks as network connections. I
know a story of laptops entering the mail system and car springs coming
out the other end in the same box. :-)

CDs will give you the best evidentuary path available. Compiling everything
yourself with a compiler and hardware you built from piles of dirt in a
clean room would be better. And then you still have to worry about nano
technology being slipped into the dirt.

.... Ken