On 2014/07/19 12:28, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2014/07/19 01:29, Ville Valkonen wrote:
> > what would you suggest for situations where installXX.iso is burned to
> > a CD to avoid downloading sets from the net due a slow Internet
> > connection? When sets are installed from the CD it doesn't set
> > PKG_PATH. I couldn't find any mirror list from the ISO image by
> > grepping.
>
> Personally I remember a few nearby mirror URLs, but I do think this could
> be improved - we could add a sample pkg.conf file to /etc/examples with
> a list of mirrors updated from mirrors.dat. Unless there are objections to
> that idea, I'll look at modifying the scripts for this.

Oh, this nearly works, but pkg.conf needs a full pkgpath (with
either version number or "snapshots" and machine arch)...

Marc, would you consider permitting variables (either just in pkg.conf,
or in PKG_PATH in general) which are replaced at runtime with the current
OS version and cpu arch? That way we could provide a sample pkg.conf
that looks something like the excerpt below:

-- -- -- --
# $OpenBSD$
# Users of release versions can simply uncomment a line.
# Users of snapshots should replace %V with the word 'snapshots'.

# Australia
#installpath=http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/OpenBSD/%V/packages/%A/
#installpath=http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/OpenBSD/%V/packages/%A/
#installpath=http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/OpenBSD/%V/packages/%A/