On 10 August 2014 11:53, Adam Wolk <adam.w...@koparo.com> wrote:
> According to http://www.libressl.org/:
>>> We have a github repository clone as libressl-portable[1] on github for the
>>> curious. This is a copy of the working respositories which are not
>>> maintained on github.

I read that -- but it sounds like the github repo isn't the "official"
version of the sources. When I checked earlier in the week, it
definitely wasn't up to date with the CVS source. For the core
libcrypto and libssl source, the official sources are from OpenBSD
CVS, but what about the portable bits? Is github then the official
repository for the latest versions those files?

Certainly from my point of view it would make things simpler if
LibreSSL were run more like a normal project on github or bitbucket,
with one portable trunk and a script that OpenBSD can use to *remove*
the compat source when they do a sync. Is the intention that LibreSSL
core development will be mostly done by the OpenBSD community, or is
it hoped that it will attract more contributions from outside? Making
it clearer to run trunk on Linux and Mac might help.

I guess I need to get coding and do something useful for LibreSSL
before suggesting changes to the project though!

Thanks,
Nick