I managed to get a slow-motion video of the console and transcribe the first
several lines of CPU setup and probing from a verbose boot. It seems that the
kernel isn't finding a lot of stuff here.

>>> bios probe won
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIUOS rev. 2.8 @ 0xed8b0 (55 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "1.0b" date 09/09/2015
bios0: Supermicro X10SDV-8C-TLN4F
>>> probing for mpbios0
>>> mpbios probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpi0
>>> acpi probe returned 1
>>> acpi probe won
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC FPDT FIDT SPMI NCFG UEFI HPET WDDT SSDT BGRT SSDT
PRAD SMAR HEST BERT ERST EINJ
>>> probing for acpiec*
>>> acpiec probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpimadt0
>>> acpimadt probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpiprt*
>>> acpiprt returned 0
>>> no winning probe
>>> probing for acpiec*
>>> acpiec probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpimadt0
>>> acpimadt probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpiprt*
>>> acpiprt returned 0
>>> no winning probe
>>> probing for acpiec*
>>> acpiec probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpimadt0
>>> acpimadt probe returned 0
>>> probing for acpiprt*
>>> acpiprt returned 0
>>> acpimadt0 probe won
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
>>> probing for cpu0
>>> cpu probe returned 1
>>> probing for ioapic*
>>> ioapic probe returned 0
>>> probing for efifb0
>>> efifb probe returned 0
>>> probing for pci*
>>> pci probe returned 0
>>> probing for isa0
>>> isa probe returned 0
>>> cpu probe won
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (application processor)
cpu0: not started
>>> probing for ioapic*
>>> ioapic probe returned 0
>>> probing for efifb0