li...@wrant.com writes:

> Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:54:33 +0000 Robert Peichaer <rob...@peichaer.org>
>> > Hi tech@,
>> >
>> > Daemon names historically match Antoine's alphanumeric proposal, and I
>> > think underscore is a bit too much, if it's present use minus instead.
>> > The logic behind this?  Match this to word termination symbols in ksh.
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> > Anton
>>
>> $ find /usr/ports -name '*_*.rc' -type f | wc -l
>>       85
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> I'll not be arguing about this, from usability end point the underscore
> is pretty bad especially if you want to go back word at a time.  If you
> think the underscore is enough, I agree yet I would still prefer minus,
> where we have variation & need to go back to the differentiation point.

On such a trivial subject, you suggest costly changes to existing
practices, just to please your preferences.  Of course, without even
publishing a possible implementation.

I'd find it funny, if only you were not wasting the time of the folks on
this mailing-list.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE