On 2020/06/01 15:56, Stéphane Aulery wrote:
> Le 01/06/2020 15:46, Matthieu Herrb a écrit :

> > > I use a Bépo keyboard but this but
> > >
> > > Your experience interests me. I use a Bépo keyboard but I plan to
> > > switch to
> > > a QWERTY + compose keyboard like you do. I hope this will give better
> > > compatibility between systems and less software config remapping.
> > >
> > > I do not see how to configure this in console.
> >
> > I'm only using this under X. the OpenBSD console is plain ASCII and
> > has no support for for UTF8 characters, so no need to enter them.
>
> This explains why I cannot enter accented characters through SSH. I can't
> edit a plain UTF-8 file remotely then... when the server has no X server
> running. Doh!

It doesn't matter if the server is running X or not, it is down to the
terminal used on the machine with the SSH client, and the setting for
LC_CTYPE.

By default ssh passes TERM to the server but not LC_CTYPE. You might
find it helpful to set "SendEnv LC_CTYPE" in .ssh/config on the client and
"AcceptEnv LC_CTYPE" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the server (some other OS
do this by default).