On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 07:40:45PM -0700, Jared Harper wrote:
> I have put together a patch that adds -executable, -readable, and
> -writable to /usr/bin/find.

While I agree with Solène that we don't necessarily want or need this
patch, I think it is nicely done. I myself don't find the -perm primary
very intuitive and I find its manual hard to decipher, so your patch
would save me a few minutes time every so often.

There are a few things that go against style(9), most obviously the
4-space tabs (also in the head -c patch) as well as using a function
call for initialization. The whitespace issue also means that the
patches won't apply to the source tree.

> However, I had some difficulty finding the source of access(2) so I could not
> vet by assumptions.

See sys_access() in sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c

> Any guidance is greatly appreciated. I have been finding small-footprint
> patches like this one to become familiar with OpenBSD.

We try to add features only if there is a good reason to do so. For
non-POSIX options to standard utilities the bar is quite high. You might
have more luck with getting patches reviewed and accepted if you try to
find bugs and fix them.