Jared Harper wrote in
 <CAH9reAqx=UNr2m0hjr7gQDGuys-OV=+b0ah2-7o45zyafj9...@mail.gmail.com>:
 |On Sat, Apr 1, 2023 at 12:06 AM Theo Buehler <t...@theobuehler.org> wrote:
 |I'm not sure these are equivalent. My (limited?) understanding is these
 |examples are checking whether the file's owner has the specified
 |permissions.
 |
 |The intention for my patch is to return true if the caller of find has
 |the specified permissions.

Ya it rather equals test(1)'s -r, -w, -x in that spirit.
"access(2) is dead, do not use it" comes to mind.

Btw and off-topic, i just converted a program to use pledge and
unveil, and i think the combination is a really, really great
thing.  (Aand especially in conjunction with that special syslog
system call.)  For programmers to use, futhermore.  (What is
missing is drawing the lottery prize, unfortunately.)

--steffen