From: Ian Fraser <ian_fra...@gozoom.ca>
Date: 2016-09-18 9:35 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: telrad@wispa.org
Subject: [Telrad] Down tilt

 I have not needed to be particularly careful with my TDMA gear so I have
previously used Radio Molbile to give me an idea of tilt,  but LTE is still
causing me grief in 3.65 and I need more aggressive tilt if I'm going to make
this kit work.

Can someone validate the equation:
https://www.pasternack.com/t-calculator-antenna-downtilt.aspx

[cid:part1.BC42C53D.504D3C68@gozoom.ca]

H=height

t=transmitter

r=receiver

dt=downtilt

bw=antenna beamwidth (vertical)

Distance=distance from t to r on a horizontal plain at center of the beam

Rad/inner/outer = inner and outer edge of the beam (assume -3dB)

Assuming level ground and given :

t=220 meters

r=10 meters

dt=5