One thing that occurs to me:

We've never explicitly heard about MT making unannounced changes and revisions
to the 1036 hardware, but they have been known to do that kind of thing to
other RBs in the past, and we actually have seen differing behavior and
performance on the 1036 *SFP* ports between different CCRs purchased at
different times, running the exact same OS and RouterBOOT versions.

(I don't have all of the details, since this was a problem that my co-worker
largely chased down, so I'll have to ask him, but as a real-world example, we
had 2 1036s connected to 2 separate circuits provided by the same upstream
provider where one of them was taking errors on the SFP interface, and we
thought it was 100% the provider's problem on that circuit since we swapped the
CCR once and it didn't fix it.  I think we also tried replacing the SFP module
to no avail.  But the replacement CCR was of a similar manufacturing batch as
the one that got swapped out [serial #s and MAC addresses were very close], so
on a whim, we found another CCR to replace it with -- an OLDER one -- that
matched more closely the serial of the CCR that was connected to the other
circuit that was working fine, and when we swapped that router out a second
time with that older CCR, the problem disappeared.  Note that we had plenty of
other 1036s from that same "bad" batch connected to other fiber paths tha
 t showed no symptoms, and we have re-reployed the 1036s we tried on this
particular circuit to other locations and they are also working fine.  It was a
weird combination of THAT circuit from THAT provider connected to THAT
generation of 1036.)

The 1036 currently connected to our BreezeWay is a new-ish one with a MAC
bearing OUI 4C:5E:0C.  The OUI of the 1036s that had problems with their SFP
connected to a specific circuit was D4:CA:6D.  The OUI of the 1036s whose SFP
interface worked fine with that particular provider and circuit was the
original MikroTik 00:0C:42 -- so presumably some of the first 1036s to come off
of the assembly line.  I don't think we have any of those 00:0C:42 1036s
sitting out of service right now, so I can't try swapping with one of those.
But it would be interesting to know what the MAC OUIs are of 1036s that others
on this list are successfully using hooked up to a BreezeWay.

-- Nathan