Ok I figured ./configure creates the Makefile but ./configure errors out
with this statement:

./configure: line 4193: syntax error near unexpected token `-mavx,'

./configure: line 4193: `AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG(-mavx, avx=true, avx=false)'

Anyone has any idea what this means?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/e6436d1b-4745-457f-8eab-a5b01746d4cd%40googlegroups.com.