On 6/13/2018 8:16 AM, Ning Zhao wrote:
Hi all,

The question in my mind now is whether leptonica and libleptonica-dev are the same thing as leptonica doesn't provide an executable. How can I check I have installed them/it successfully?

leptonica is a library.
As any library is usually provided in any distribution as

- shared library to be used by programs
- import library and header (development) to allow compilation and
link to the shared one

If you compile tesseract from source you need both, if you are
using tessseract compiled by someone else you need only the shared library

In debian

https://packages.debian.org/sid/liblept5
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libleptonica-dev

similar in other distribution