Thanks marco for you explanation.

As I can find liblept.{a,la,so} in lib folder and leptonica in include
folder, I assume I have installed leptonica successfully. So the question
would be how to let tesseract/configure know where the libs and headers are
when I try to compile tesseract. Is that correct?

Ning

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/d7cbcb19-bf9c-44ce-8861-4f5f8f8f84e9%40googlegroups.com.