On 15/06/2011, Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-lis...@bits-fritz.de> wrote:
> Hi e-letter, *,
>
> e-letter schrieb:
>> On 12/06/2011, Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-lis...@bits-fritz.de>
> wrote:
>>> Hi e-letter, *,
>
>>> this is a reply to your mail out of the digest. Christian's
>>> assumption is working here as expected: Each mail within the digest
>>> appears as attachment, which is opened as a complete mail able to be
>>> answered, forwarded, etc...
>
>> This does not occur with gmail; all messages are _not_ received as
>> attachments but as a single message
>
> So *GMAIL IS BUGGY*.
>
>>> e-letter schrieb:
>
> [..]

>>> A more simple way would be saving such a digest as file (type mbox
>>> if there is a joice) zip it and upload it at any place, so the
>>> source code can be examined to see how these digest mails are
>>> composed.
>
>> I don't know how to do as instructed;
>
> puh! "Save as" not known/feasable? Well, so then bad luck!
>
> You want us to serve solving Your problem but don't want to serve us
> with information needed for that, considering our preferences - thing
> You claim strongly for Yourself?

Initial reading, that I had to perform the action to type (as a verb)
mbox, then convert to zip (which create a zip of a single mail
message?) and upload to where, for whom?

The nearest action I could understand was to upload to pastebin, which
I had already performed.

>> instead messages were copied from the gmail web interface hyperlink
>> messages. Trying to send the original mail message causes an error,
>> again as shown in previous messages.
>
> So choose a tool that fit Your needs. It's simple like that!

Please read again my text: I reported that my attempt to send the
message caused an error response by the server, how is it possible to
choose a different tool to send the message!!

> [..]
>
>>> To second Christian: As other mailers are capable to handle "our"
>>> digests as intended, it's most likely an issue of Your
>>> configuration <-> preferences combination. As You are the single one
>>> complaining, maybe the previously mentioned method ordering single
>>> mails by number might be a workaround.
>
>> Just done that with this message.
>
> confirmed: Thread is kept well.
>
>> A bit tedious having to wait for the reply, but works.
>
> Cool! So You can keep Your preferences and have to pay little price.
>
>> I had to read your previous instructions again;
>> would suggest the following text (or similar) is added to all
>> digest-mode message signatures/welcome messages:
>
>> "To reply to individual messages within a digest-mode message, use the
>> following syntax of the e-mail recipient address:
>
> No good idea, because posting a solution for a problem noone faces
> generates confusion at best.

In my opinion, the text proposed should be relevant _only_ to those
that selected to receive messages in digest mode; other subscribers
would surely ignore this text?!

>>> No hope the way digests are compiled will change, as they follow the
>>> standard 100%. Probably You're lucky reporting a bug at gmail, so
>>> they might fix it.
>
>> From gmail view, I would expect them to say "mailing list managers for
>> R, gnuplot, claws-mail, imagemagick, etc do not delete the digest-mode
>> message content when the reply hyperlink is activated. We suggest LO
>> programmers investigate their choice of mailing list manager". If LO
>> and R use _exactly_ the _same_ mailing list manager and I see this
>> error occur only in one but not _both_ of digest-mode messages
>> received, it is logical to conclude that the source of the error would
>> be some personal configuration of the gmail web interface. Noone at LO
>> has indicated the type of mailing list manager used in order to make a
>> comparison with other mailing lists and therefore it is a false
>> conclusion to claim LO mailing list manager is 100 % perfect (didn't
>> know such perfect software existed, but that is another discussion).
>
> Much text for hot air! I'd be happy to read *the answer from gmail*
> instead of *Your assumption of their answer*.

It is your choice (not) to send the question to gmail.