Hi e-letter, *,

e-letter schrieb:
> On 15/06/2011, Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-lis...@bits-fritz.de>
wrote:

[..]

>> puh! "Save as" not known/feasable? Well, so then bad luck!

>> You want us to serve solving Your problem but don't want to serve us
>> with information needed for that, considering our preferences -
>> thing You claim strongly for Yourself?

> Initial reading, that I had to perform the action to type (as a verb)
> mbox, then convert to zip (which create a zip of a single mail
> message?)

no, of a complete digest of one of those mailinglists where threading
apparently works.

> and upload to where,

There are spaces in the web to upload files, but well..

> for whom?

for me. Via upload or as attachment of a private mail because this list
- as almost all public mailing lists - does strip any kind of
attachment.

> The nearest action I could understand was to upload to pastebin, which
> I had already performed.

Yes. But my intention was to get a package easily to import in my mail
software to examine it there..

[..]

>> So choose a tool that fit Your needs. It's simple like that!

> Please read again my text: I reported that my attempt to send the
> message caused an error response by the server, how is it possible to
> choose a different tool to send the message!!

Regarding proper mails at tdf/libreoffice mailinglists?

Simple solution:
subscribe normal subscription (instead of digest) and sort mails in a
separate folder using filters. This way You have them well sorted in
threads and answering works smoothly without hassles.

Other solution:
Install mail software (thunderbird, ... ) on Your computer and get mails
locally there.

One more:
install a nntp reader (thunderbird ...) on your computer and get news
from gmane.org

[..]

>>> "To reply to individual messages within a digest-mode message, use
>>> the following syntax of the e-mail recipient address:

>> No good idea, because posting a solution for a problem noone faces
>> generates confusion at best.

> In my opinion, the text proposed should be relevant _only_ to those
> that selected to receive messages in digest mode; other subscribers
> would surely ignore this text?!

It does affect *only* gmail users ordering digest mails. All apart of
those don't have troubles and thus would be confused.

>>> From gmail view, I would expect them to say "mailing list managers
>>> for R, gnuplot, claws-mail, imagemagick, etc do not delete the
>>> digest-mode message content when the reply hyperlink is activated.
>>> We suggest LO programmers investigate their choice of mailing list
>>> manager".

[..]

>> Much text for hot air! I'd be happy to read *the answer from gmail*
>> instead of *Your assumption of their answer*.

> It is your choice (not) to send the question to gmail.

Ah *I* should do to solve *Your* problem? Interesting (but meanwhile
old) news.

It's Your choice to live with their product and related problems.

Although suffering from this crap (by giving hours and hours support for
free) I've no reason to complain at google, as I don't use their
product.

I'm not the right person for that purpose, because I can't commucate if
they need specific information.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich