tl;dr: are we getting buggier, or are more people using the crash
reporting?

I made this chart:

  https://mattdm.fedorapeople.org/misc/faf-vs-mirrors-fedora-7dma.png

It takes the number of retraces per day from FAF* and normalizes them
using the mirror connection data I have from Smooge — this doesn't
represent the actual exact number of installed Fedora systems, but is a
decent proxy for general relative scale.

The good news is that the general trend for each release is downward.
Cool — things get better. The... other news is that F24 is definitely
higher across the whole lifetime. That could be because we're getting
more crashes, or it could be because for whatever reason people are
reporting them more.

I have no idea what can or should be done with this information, but I
found it interesting so I thought I'd share. :)

* https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/summary/

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>