Stuart,

Thank you for the tip. But this code concerns the use of section titles
in Page headers. If you test the hack that was in my message you'll see
that it does something quite different: it puts the Section Numbers for
each section of an "article" (for example) in the left margin of the
page.

Perhaps the title of my message was misleading.

Regards,

Peter
On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 02:31  PM, Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> \renewcommand{\subsectionmark}[1]{\markboth{}{#1}}
> \fancyhead[RO]{\slshape \schlname \hspace{1cm} \thepage}
> \fancyhead[LE]{\slshape \thepage \hspace{1cm} \rightmark}
Peter Gallagher
Inquit Pty Ltd
[t] +61 3 9654 7670
[f] +61 3 9654 7970
www.inquit.com

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is
confidential and privileged. If you receive this message in error please
notify the originator and delete the message. This email is subject to
copyright. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden without the written
consent of the copyright owner.