Yes, of course, that makes a lot of sense.  (Although I have to say I
was really disappointed when I saw that that primitive had been named
\hyphenationmin instead of something more consistent like
\totalhyphenmin ...).

I agree, that's the name I proposed when I asked for the feature...

   But the point really is to put the value in hyphenation files so it’s
available for others to use; is there any language you’d like to add
that to?

Well, for la-x-liturgic it would be 5, but we built the patterns so that this value is not needed. It could still be there though. What I mean is that words of length 5 or more should be hyphenated, but if I understand the LuaTeX manual correctly, that means a hyphenationmin value of 4...

Thank you,