I think our postings crossed. This does almost exactly what I did. But
Olivier used letter references to the pitches. This could get you into
trouble because of the way the transpose register keeps track of the octave.
If you aren't going to transpose the piece, then it's better to use numbers
for the pitches.
%
> rbp /
> rbp /
> r4 b44x3 b b b4 b /
> %d42 a+ d- a+ //
> \zql{D}\ d43u \zql{H}\ au+ \zql{D}\ du- \zql{A}\ au+ /
>
> Don, a question for you: in this example, there is 12 lines, with 2
> voices in the 12th line. Does it mean, for example, that if each line
> has 2 voices, I can't have more than 6 lines?

Right. I know, I haven't taken advantage of all the capacity of MusiXTeX,
since it allows (I think) 12 instruments with up to four staves per
instrument. All I can say is I'll think about putting it on the to-do list.

--Don