On 4/7/2018 1:28 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
May someone who knows more about this program can comment
on this. It is version  2.3.2 on windows:

X:\data\public_html\latex\slow_svg_example>dvisvgm --version
dvisvgm 2.3.2

X:\data\public_html\latex\slow_svg_example>make4ht --version
make4ht version v0.1c

Next, I will try this compile on my old linux PC. Will need to
intall latest TL there. May be tommorrow.

Just finished running https://www.12000.org/tmp/slow_svg/
on native linux PC I had. 8 GB RAM. It had Linux mint 17.3
and TL 2015.

dvisvgm --version  is 1.9.2 (TeXLive).

It took only 3 minutes to get the dvisvgm phase,
and another 10 minutes to finish the whole phase.

Summary timing for dvisvgm
============================
Linux, TL 2017 in a VBox: 2 hrs
cygwin, TL 2017 : about 2 hrs
Miktex 9.1: about 1 hr and 40 minutes
Linux TL 2015, native: 10 minutes

I do not understand why this is the case. But the lesson of
the day: To use tex4ht and dvisvgm, use native Linux for speed.

I use Linux only now to compile latex on it. So from now on,
I will copy the tree I want to compile to the Linux PC,
compile it there, and copy the tree back to windows. This is
much faster than using Vbox or cygwin or miktex on windows.

--Nasser