I just ordered some that I am going to test out.  I went with Ansmann brand
NimH 2850mah AA rechargables and some 1100maH AAA.  Amazon has good
prices.  Ideally, I would like the low discharge batteries (Ansmann max
E+), but I thought I'd try these out first for every day stuff and maybe
get the low discharge ones for caving applications in the future.

Andy