For everybody's benefit: The traditional date for TCR was not the 3rd weekend
in October--and never had been. Disabuse yourselves of that idea. It was "the
weekend nearest to the 15th of October." Mostly it was the 3rd weekend of the
month but sometimes it claimed the 2nd weekend. There were 2 or 3 times when
some other conflict (a hurricane, for instance) caused the date to be pushed
forward or backward. The "weekend nearest the 15th" worked out really well
during its tenure.
Just FYI, the underlying purpose was to not be in conflict, date wise, with the
TAG event in Alabama in order that cavers could attend both events if they
wished but, more importantly, so that Bob & Bob and other vendors could attend
both events, hopefully, so that Texas cavers would have hands-on access to top
quality caving gear. At some point Bob quit going to TAG and came only to TCR
and few, if any, cavers attended both events so the whole point became sorta
moot.
--Ediger

On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 3:26 PM, Diana Tomchick via Texascavers