See also:
Steele, D. Gentry, K. B. Byrd, L McNatt, and G. Veni 1984
Human and Non-Human Skeletal Remains Recovered from Sorcerer's Cave, Terrell County, Texas. Texas Journal of Science, 36:169-184.

On 5/28/2018 1:37 PM, Carl Kunath wrote:
Adams’ Cave:

Logan, it was NEVER properly called Adam’s Cave.  The cave was first explored in 1962 when it was named Adams’ Cave because Leo Adams was in control of the property at that time.  It was reported to the NSS as Adams’ Cave.  It went into the TSS archives as Adams’ Cave.  The San Antonio cavers likely learned of its existence because they read about Adams’ Cave in The Caves of the Stockton Plateau, a 1968 Texas Speleological Survey publication.  It was discussed for the next 15+ years as Adams’ Cave.

Maybe we should rename Powell’s Cave as Treasure Cave, or something thought more “catchy” than the name of the owner.  After a lapse of a few more years, if a surveying program is initiated, a new name could be chosen.

===Carl Kunath

Sent: Monday, May 28, 2018 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Appropriate cave place names

In the stream passage at the bottom of Sorcerer's Cave (originally called Adam's Cave) in Terrell County, TX, there is a 1.5 m waterfall into a plunge pool. During a 1978/79 survey by the San Antonio Grotto (SAG), a caver took an unplanned dip into the pool. The place was christened Poole Plunge in honor of the caver--Gary Poole. George Veni can provide more details if requested.

Logan McNatt
lmcn...@austin.rr.com