CULTURAL QA 02-2024-25

All the below   QA are from Quora DIGEST to me  on   25-02-2024.

Selected quoraanswers generally interesting are included .Still they   need not
be 100% correct answers. I am onlya compiler.

Compiled and postedby R. Gopala Krishnan, 80,    on 25-02-2024.

Q1         Whatis the funniest military-based joke you know?

A1          DonCaine, US Army Retired 9mo

A young man volunteers for airbornetraining. After one week, he phones his
father.

 “Dad, we had our first parachute jump today,but only about half the company
jumped. The others were scared.”

Dad: “Well, did you jump?” Son: “No, I was scared.”

A week later he calls dad again “Wehad our second jump today. The sergeant said
that anyone who didn’t jump thistime would not get a pass for this weekend. All
but about ten of us jumped.”

Dad: “Well, did you jump?” Son: “No,I just couldn’t”.

A week later he calls dad again “Wehad our third jump today. The sergeant said
that anyone who didn’t jump wasgoing to spend the weekend scrubbing the
latrines with a toothbrush. Only threepeople didn’t jump.”

Dad: “Well, did you jump?” Son:“Nope. I’m still too scared.”

Another week goes by and he calls dad“Today was our fourth jump. The sergeant
said he was bend anyone who didn’tjump over the seat and screw him up the rear.”

Dad: “OK, so you jumped?” Son: “Yeah I jumped …

Q2         Whatare some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?

A2         Rohith(రోహిత్),Studied at Indian Institute ofTechnology, Indore
(IITI)Updated 3y

Me and my family were watchingTitanic movie .

My 7 year old neighbour joined us. Everythingwas going smooth. Suddenly hero
and heroine started making out.

I just skipped seeing that part andstarted chatting on phone.

Suddenly my neighbour boy asked meloudly in front of everyone “Rohith anna,
what will you do if a girl isremoving clothes in front of you.”

I was embarrassed after listening thequestion. My parents were staring at me
for my response.

Me in my mind - “I am going to behomeless from today.”

I simply said “Shame shame puppy shame.”

Every one burst into laughter afterlistening this.

Thank God, my little brain got somesense of humour and some presence.

Kids these days are not kids they aremonsters

Q3         Whatare some inspirational short stories that can change a person's
life?

A3         HafizSuboor, Nov 17

A boy and a girl were playingtogether. The boy had a collection of marbles. The
girl had some sweets with her.

The boy told the girl that he willgive her all his marbles in exchange of her
sweets. The girl agreed.The boy kept the biggest andthe most beautiful marble
aside & gave the rest to the girl. Thegirl gave him all her sweets as she had
promised.

That night, the girl sleptpeacefully. But the boycouldn't sleep as he kept
wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets fromhim the way he had hidden his
best marble.

Moral of the story: If you don't give hundred percent in a relationship, you'll
always keepdoubting in any relationship.

So give your hundred percent.

Q4         Whatmoment in your life left you speechless?

A4         ShazaanKhan, Studied Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) at
Jamia MilliaIslamia (Graduated 2018)3y

During my graduation, 3rd year, I wasappearing for a campus interview of one of
the renowned companiesin India. As it invariably goes, they began asking me to
introduce myself. Istated everything I mugged up. In addition, I told them I’m
very much fond of the topics pertaining togeo-politics and India. He looked
into my eyes and smirked.

Interviewer: So, you’re comfortableif I ask you questions related to
geopolitics?

Me: Yes, Sir.

Interviewer: Outline the map ofIndia.

Me: I’m very bad at drawing, yet Iwill try my best.

Interviewer: Draw as bad as youcould, but make sure you outline the complete
map of India.

I managed to draw something likethis.

Interviewer: You think is this thecomplete map of India?

Me: As far as I’m concerned.

Interviewer: Giving you one more chance…think and draw once again.

I outlined the map of Pakistan and Bangladeshadjoined with it, as they were
erstwhile the part of India.

Interviewer: Thank you Shazaan. Youmay leave now.

Verdict: Not selected.

After the process got over, I went to the interviewer tohave the feedback.

Me: You never asked me further-morequestions, and rejected me on the basis of
only 2 questions. May I know where Iwas wrong in outlining the map of India?
What’s the reason you rejected me?

Interviewer:Because you don’t believe that Andaman and Nicobar Island is the
part of India.

He left me speechless. Even todaywhen I think about that very interview, I seem
so dumb.

Q5         Doyou know a joke about a priest?

A5         JackyHeraty,11h

Sister Mary is walking quietly throughthe convent when Sister Agnes looks at
her, giggles and says “You got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!”
SisterMary is confused, and carries on walking.

Round the corner she meets SisterTheresa, who says exactly the same thing! As
she carries on, several other nunssay the comment, too.

Finally, she reaches the Chapel where the Mother Superior calls her over.

“Oh, Mother Superior!” says SisterMary. “You're not going to tell me I got out
of the wrong side of the bed, areyou?”

 “Not at all,” answers the Mother Superior. “I was going to ask you why
you'rewearing FatherMichael's slippers.”