I am stunned to note that the Judges are paid such little pensions.It is
obscene.
YM

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:28 AM 'gopala krishnan' via Thatha_Patty <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Supreme Court says retired judges getting Rs 19,000 pension not proper
> -Forward
>
> Dear friends,
>
> Day before yesterday, I watched in the Malayalam news  about very low
> 20000-00 pension of supreme court judges told by Mr Chandrachood, retired
> judge. I could not digest. Today I made a Google search for the information
> I watched was fully correct. I found the following news item in Times of
> India. I thought of forwarding.
>
> When even class IV staff get pension above 30000-00 now,  still I am not
> able to digest how supreme court judges have such a low pension.
>
> Gopalakrishnan 1-3-2024
>
> The Supreme Court on Monday said that retired district judges were not
> being given enough pension. The top court pointed out that these judges
> being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service is not justified.
>
> CJI DY Chandrachud
>
> The Chief Justice said that these judges have substantially contributed to
> the cause of justice.
>
> India Today News Desk
>
> UPDATED: Feb 27, 2024 11:57 IST
>
> Written By: Vivek Mishra
>
> In Short
>
> Retired district judges are being paid just 19,000 to 20,000 pension
>
> Chief Justice asks the Union to come up with a 'just solution'
>
> Chandrachud says at 61-62 years these judges can't jump into practice
>
> The Supreme Court on Monday said that retired district judges were not
> being given enough pension. The top court pointed out that these judges
> being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service is not justified.
>
> While hearing the matter of the pension scheme for judicial officers, the
> court urged the Union to find a solution, reported Live Law.
>
> "It is a very serious issue, Attorney General. Retired district judges
> being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service is not proper. They are
> really disabled," said Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Thatha_Patty" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1565431827.1570848.1709251118040%40mail.yahoo.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1565431827.1570848.1709251118040%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>


-- 
*Mar*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CACDCHCLE-jttZQoYMTg8dDeztSgqiGZBE6Bqvh%3D0ejMY3y2yCQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to