Supreme Courtsays retired judges getting Rs 19,000 pension not proper-Forward
Dear friends, Day before yesterday, I watched in the Malayalamnews about very low 20000-00 pension ofsupreme court judges told by Mr Chandrachood, retired judge. I could notdigest. Today I made a Google search for the information I watched was fullycorrect. I found the following news item in Times of India. I thought offorwarding. When even class IV staff get pension above 30000-00now, still I am not able to digest howsupreme court judges have such a low pension. Gopalakrishnan 1-3-2024 The Supreme Court on Monday said that retireddistrict judges were not being given enough pension. The top court pointed outthat these judges being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service is notjustified. CJI DY Chandrachud The Chief Justice said that these judges havesubstantially contributed to the cause of justice. India Today News Desk UPDATED: Feb 27, 2024 11:57 IST Written By: Vivek Mishra In Short Retired district judges are being paid just 19,000 to20,000 pension Chief Justice asks the Union to come up with a 'justsolution' Chandrachud says at 61-62 years these judges can'tjump into practice The Supreme Court on Monday said that retireddistrict judges were not being given enough pension. The top court pointed outthat these judges being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service is notjustified. While hearing the matter of the pension scheme forjudicial officers, the court urged the Union to find a solution, reported LiveLaw. "It is a very serious issue, Attorney General.Retired district judges being paid 19,000 to 20,000 after such long service isnot proper. They are really disabled," said Chief Justice of India DYChandrachud. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thatha_Patty" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/1565431827.1570848.1709251118040%40mail.yahoo.com.
