CULTURAL QA 03202420

G    I am only a compiler.

KR:     In a broader context outside of software development, the term
"compiler" typically does not refer to a software tool. Instead, it may
denote a person or entity that compiles or gathers information, data, or
resources from various sources to create a comprehensive or organized
collection.1 sources must be many not just a Quora; 2 information, data, or
resources must be authentic and not riff raff jugglery. 3 shall be
gathered, means verification of fact’s sifted from the chaff; and 4 chaff
with taken out and placed on plate is serving food to others while he does
not know anything about the cooking-named as a server; from one server to
another. So, a server cannot be blamed for the cooking.             KR IRS
21324

Q1      Do you owe money to friends or family?

G    My note- Even after children birth, I had to take loans from friends
and staff members, having no more gold to pledge and promptly returned. I
have availed all possible loans from department, banks and promptly repaid.
I had to pledge gold and take loans even to send my son abroad. I could
settle only after he remitted his savings from salary for two months. Then
onwards no loans  till my Home was built in Chennai. Again loans  and all
cleared only about 2 years back. For a middle class central Government
employee, where salary was not sufficient to meet both ends meet, loans are
inevitable.

KR     I wanted to pass off; but these comments drew me in; yes, it is
true; not only govt employee; every 66&2/3% minimum and 80% maximum, are in
that status only, not only in India but even abroad, including his son and
many nations, including USA also, hence credit cards were devised out. The
policy of the British was to keep employees under begging status, as they
shall not think anything more than that; that was once. Later it became a
management rick and policy of Govt to collect taxes. My Grandfather Was
also employed in his spare time which brought him then a salary of Rs 100
pm. Then Gold rate was 8 rupee a sovereign.  He bought 8 sovereigns almost
4 to 5 times aa year. And he had 10 velis of agriculture along Cauvery. So,
food and shelter was fixed. Dress code was only a dhothi and towel.
Entertainment was sat Sangam, temple and pujas. Arattai and cards. Any
wedding was a great gathering. So, a simple life and roughly 30 to 40 sov a
year as savings. So why we went under debt? Because we threw the ownership
of Bhumi and ran away from.

      Now wrt that story, it is quite normal; what is wrong if someone says
that he or she saved his prestige? 101 members of the family and friends in
100 families will only talk; beggars cannot be choosers; what words he
would have uttered when he took the money? Forgot to write? Every good
thing must be appreciated right on face; but we do apricate the dead and
media and FB. In another corner of Quora, the same story could appear as a
great deed rendered by her etc.

Q3      How can Asian people eat rice three times a day?

KR   This is a stupid question. In the north once barley was food; wheat is
now; bread in Europe was once; so, in keralam the tapioca; eskimos ate only
fish; food is a habit of the season and geography and asking how etc is an
immature Woodhead. Even medicine was only what was around your area.
Because we shifted gear as these wrong questioners to eat all, we landed in
so many diseases as DNA takes 7 generations to adopted ayur vedam says.

Q4      What are some dark lessons that life showed you?

KR    Babu Nath sermon and how old is he?

Your close friends might end up betraying you.

KR      what you sow, so you reap; nandrum theethum piror thara Vara. Babu
showed who is he.

Overthinking can harm your happiness, take care of your mental well-being.

KR      ENNITH THUNIGA KARUMAM  THUNINDA PIN

          Ennuam enbhadhu izukku Tirukkural

     What is the definition of over thinking? Beyond SIX BALLS? There is
only thinking depending on the individual and subject; Karanam, kaaranam
and kartha. So what is meant above is don’t think jump into action and die?

Don't get too attached to everyone, some don't deserve it.

KR      why he says that/; BG said it 5000 yrs back.

You have to save yourself, don't rely on others to rescue you.

KR     Undoubtedly a dependent is a shame. But an unconscious   will only
drown unless dependent on others to be saved.

Believe in yourself, don't always listen to others' opinions.

KR    repetitive as above.

Be financially independent and work hard for what you need.

KR   how one will without depending on someone financially to change as
self- possessed. Without ladder one cannot step up ; walking on the wall is
not that easy.

Your so-called family may actually wish for your failure.

KR       He is a pervert

Storms in life are temporary, the sun always shines again.

KR      Where do the SUN go during the storm? you closed your eyes because
of wind and dirt; not the SUN; Sun is always there

Be assertive and stand up for yourself, know your rights.

KR      And sir your duty first and then only right

Find joy in the little things and do what makes you happy.

KR         Joy is a desire and option; so one must decide his limitations.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'gopala krishnan' via KeralaIyers <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 at 20:53
Subject: [KeralaIyers] CULTURAL QA 03-2024-20
To: Patty Thatha <[email protected]>, Kerala Iyer <
[email protected]>, Iyer <[email protected]>


CULTURAL QA 03-2024-20

All the below   QA are from QUORA DIGEST to me on   20-03-2024.

Selected Quora answers by scholars generally interesting are included. Still
they need not be 100% correct answers. Good jokes are also included.

I am only a compiler.  Compiled and posted by R Gopalakrishnan, 80, on
20-3-2024

*Q1      Do you owe money to friends or family?*

A1      Anil Roongta, Former Member at Consumer Court 14h

My father used to narrate one incident. In mid 1960s, my aunt (father’s
younger sister) was getting married. My father had arranged everything and
he was bearing all the expenses. He had joined civil services five years
back and he hadn’t that much of savings with him. He managed somehow.

The marriage took place in our village. On the evening of the wedding
ceremony, groom’s father told my father that he wanted a cash dowry of
5100/-. My father was in a fix. He didn’t have that kind of money. He
approached one of his uncles who was a rich person and asked him to lend
him the money. That uncle immediately arranged the money and the wedding
ceremony took place.

A few months later, that uncle’s wife (my father’s aunt) in a gathering
boasted “If my husband hadn’t given money to so and so, his sister’s
marriage hadn’t happened).” This remark was in very bad taste and nobody
liked it.

My father said that after that day he vowed to himself that he wouldn’t
borrow from anyone in his life and he did that. He lived within his means
and never ever took any kind of loan from anyone.

And he inculcated that habit in his children. I have also followed it. I
don’t owe any kind of money to anyone.

My note- Even after children birth, I had to take loans from friends and
staff members, having no more gold to pledge and promptly returned. I have
availed all possible loans from department, banks and promptly repaid. I
had to pledge gold and take loans even to send my son abroad. I could
settle only after he remitted his savings from salary for two months. Then
onwards no loans  till my Home was built in Chennai. Again loans  and all
cleared only about 2 years back.

For a middle class central Government employee, where salary was not
sufficient to meet both ends meet, loans are inevitable.

*Q2      What are some of the greatest examples of presence of mind?*

A2      Prachi Sinha, MBA from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Updated 4y

One day some of my dad's friends came to our house (uninvited). My dad
welcomed them and spontaneously asked me to serve something for them to eat
(forgetting that kitchen has always been a very rarely visited place for
me).

I looked for biscuit, namkeen but couldn't find anything. I have a younger
sister and (as per our mom) both of us never leave anything for the guests.
We are scolded by mom innumerable times for this but we just can't control
ourselves from hogging the cookies until the damn packet is over.

So as usual, there was nothing at home.I looked around searchingly and
found this:

I mixed chilled water and Eno. I let the fizz go and served them in
glasses. I went to the living room with self prepared drinks for them. My
dad and his friends were discussing something deeply, completely engrossed
in the conversations.

I served them.They took a sip.

And…..Then they took another sip and continued the discussion.

I can't tell how happy and proud I was about myself! ;)

My note- “ Eno is India's No. 1 Antacid Brand. Eno Regular Antacid Sachet
is used for the symptomatic relief of acidity, heartburn, acid indigestion,
sour stomach and an upset stomach. Eno Regular Antacid provides fast relief
from acidity & gets to work in 6 secs by neutralising excess stomach acid”
Google search result.



*Q3      How can Asian people eat rice three times a day?*

A3      Ben A. Wise,I've spent almost a decade living in India Updated 6y

Before I came to India, this is what I saw in my mind when I thought about
rice:

That’s right. Good ‘ole semi-sticky white grains in desperate need of
gravy. Fascinating stuff, right?

After I lived in Tamil Nadu, India, my rice-related vocabulary… expanded.

Reader, meet Idli and Dosai. Idli and Dosai, meet Reader. Good. Now that
you’re all acquainted, let me tell you what you’ve been missing.

These are made from a batter of fermented rice and lentils that is either
steamed or fried.

They are gloriously good. Tongue-gasmically good. They are
hold-on-a-second-while-I-look-at-flight-tickets-to-Chennai good.

They are accompanied by a chutney, usually made from either tomato or
coconut, as well as a lentil-and-vegetable stew called sambar.

All three accompaniments singe your tongue with the addictive goodness of
chili and curry leaves and smoky mustard seeds and fenugreek. They explode
their tangy-salty-pungent flavors in your mouth until you beg for more.

Also, dear Reader, please meet Tomato Rice, Curd Rice, and Lemon Rice. Yup,
shake hands again. Good.

Remember that first image of white rice? Well, Mr. Bland Grain has just
undergone a badass metamorphosis into the Holy Trinity of Goodness.

The sourness of lime-laced lemon rice, the cool creaminess of curd rice,
that tangy-spicy-saltiness of tomato rice…

*Must not book ticket to Chennai. Must not book ticket to Chennai. Must
stay at home with family and work*

Ah.What was the question about?

Ah yes, how can Asians eat rice three times a day.I think we’ve pretty much
covered that…

*Q4      What are some dark lessons that life showed you?*

A3      Chauhan Babu nath,Mar 6

Your close friends might end up betraying you.

Overthinking can harm your happiness, take care of your mental well-being.

Don't get too attached to everyone, some don't deserve it.

You have to save yourself, don't rely on others to rescue you.

Believe in yourself, don't always listen to others' opinions.

Be financially independent and work hard for what you need.

Your so-called family may actually wish for your failure.

Storms in life are temporary, the sun always shines again.

Be assertive and stand up for yourself, know your rights.

Find joy in the little things and do what makes you happy.

*Q5      What is the best joke about engineers that very few people have
heard?*

A5      Rachit Pandey,Entrepreneur, Mentor and a larger than life guy :)1y

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She reduced altitude
and spotted a man below.

She descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I
promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately
30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude
and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am", replied the man."How did you know?"

"Well, answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically
correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm
still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've
delayed my trip even more."

The man below responded, "You must be in management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "You don't know where you are or where you're going.
You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You
made a promise which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people
beneath you to solve your problems?!!"

-- 
On Facebook, please join https://www.facebook.com/groups/keralaiyerstrust

We are now on Telegram Mobile App also, please join

Pattars/Kerala Iyers Discussions: https://t.me/PattarsGroup

Kerala Iyers Trust Decisions only posts : https://t.me/KeralaIyersTrust

Kerala Iyers Trust Group for Discussions: https://t.me/KeralaIyersTrustGroup
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"KeralaIyers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keralaiyers/872375247.4090938.1710899593328%40mail.yahoo.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/keralaiyers/872375247.4090938.1710899593328%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZoq_rYYNBpHO_9T_kTZ0MhTHuCj4jdumYXg_THvp1960xw%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to