Still, I Rise

BY MAYA ANGELOU

You may write me down in history

With your bitter, twisted lies,

You may trod me in the very dirt

But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?

Why are you beset with gloom?

’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells

Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,

With the certainty of tides,

Just like hopes springing high,

Still, I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?

Bowed head and lowered eyes?

Shoulders falling down like teardrops,

Weakened by my soulful cries?

Does my haughtiness offend you?

Don't you take it awful hard

’Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines

Diggin’ in my own backyard.

You may shoot me with your words,

You may cut me with your eyes,

You may kill me with your hatefulness,

But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?

Does it come as a surprise

That I dance like I've got diamonds

At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history’s shame

I rise

Up from a past that’s rooted in pain

I rise

I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,

Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear

I rise

Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear

I rise

Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,

I am the dream and the hope of the slave.

I rise

I rise

I rise.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

இன்னும், நான் எழுகிறேன்

மாயா ஏஞ்சலோவால்

நீங்கள் என்னை வரலாற்றில் எழுதலாம்

உங்கள் கசப்பான, திரிக்கப்பட்ட பொய்களால்,

நீங்கள் என்னை மிகவும் அழுக்குக்குள் மிதித்திருக்கலாம்

ஆனாலும், தூசி போல, நான் எழுவேன்.

என் அசிங்கம் உங்களை வருத்தப்படுத்துகிறதா?

நீங்கள் ஏன் இருளில் மூழ்கியுள்ளீர்கள்?

ஏனென்றால், எனக்கு எண்ணெய் கிணறுகள் இருப்பது போல் நான் நடக்கிறேன்

என் வாழ்க்கை அறையில் உந்தி.

சந்திரனைப் போலவும் சூரியனைப் போலவும்

அலைகளின் உறுதியுடன்,

நம்பிக்கைகள் துளிர்விடுவது போல,

இன்னும், நான் எழுவேன்.

என்னை உடைத்து பார்க்க வேண்டுமா?

குனிந்த தலை மற்றும் தாழ்ந்த கண்கள்?

தோள்கள் கண்ணீர் துளிகள் போல கீழே விழுகின்றன,

என் ஆத்மார்த்தமான அழுகையால் பலவீனமா?

என் அகந்தை உன்னை புண்படுத்துகிறதா?

நீங்கள் அதை கடுமையாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளாதீர்கள்

ஏனென்றால் என்னிடம் தங்கச் சுரங்கங்கள் கிடைத்ததைப் போல நான் சிரிக்கிறேன்

எனது சொந்த கொல்லைப்புறத்தில் தோண்டி எடுக்கிறேன்.

உங்கள் வார்த்தைகளால் நீங்கள் என்னை சுடலாம்,

உங்கள் கண்களால் என்னை வெட்டலாம்,

உனது வெறுப்பால் என்னைக் கொல்லலாம்.

ஆனாலும், காற்றைப் போல நான் எழுவேன்.

என் செக்சிஸ் உங்களை வருத்தப்படுத்துகிறதா?

ஆச்சரியமாக வருகிறதா

நான் வைரத்தை வைத்தது போல் நடனமாடுகிறேன் என்று

என் தொடைகளின் சந்திப்பில்?

வரலாற்றின் அவமானத்தின் குடிசைகளுக்கு வெளியே

நான் எழுகிறேன்

வலியில் வேரூன்றிய கடந்த காலத்திலிருந்து

நான் எழுகிறேன்

நான் ஒரு கருங்கடல், குதித்து அகலமாக,

வெல்லிங் மற்றும் வீக்கத்தை நான் அலையில் தாங்குகிறேன்.

பயங்கரம் மற்றும் பயத்தின் இரவுகளை விட்டுச் செல்கிறது

நான் எழுகிறேன்

வியக்கத்தக்க தெளிவான ஒரு பகலில்

நான் எழுகிறேன்

என் முன்னோர்கள் கொடுத்த பரிசுகளை கொண்டு வருகிறேன்.

நான் அடிமையின் கனவும் நம்பிக்கையும்.

நான் எழுகிறேன்

நான் எழுகிறேன்

நான் எழுகிறேன்.

Maya Angelou

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bharati counter:

தேடிச் சோறுநிதந் தின்று — பல

  சின்னஞ் சிறுகதைகள் பேசி — மனம்

வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று — பிறர்

  வாடப் பலசெயல்கள் செய்து — நரை

கூடிக் கிழப்பருவ மெய்தி — கொடுங்

  கூற்றுக் கிரையெனப்பின் மாயும் — பல

வேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போலே — நான்

   வீழ்வே னென்று நினைத் தாயோ?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Always Foraging For Food,

Trivial Talks That Do No Good,

Suffering Badly At The Heart,

Actions Hurting Others A Lot,

Growing Old With Greying Hair,

Falling A Victim To Death Unfair,

You Thought My Life Will End In Vain,

Like Those Clowns Whom I Disdain?   Bharati Subramanya

K Rajaram IRS 19624

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 at 18:49, Jambunathan Iyer <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Life is a continuous Challenge & never-ending Struggle.
> We are not made Rich by what is in our Pocket and Banks.
> But we are Rich by what is in our Thoughts and Actions.
>
> N Jambunathan Rengarajapuram-Kodambakkam-Chennai-Mob:9176159004
>
> *" What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you
> become by achieving your goals. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to
> a goal, not to people or things "*
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/CAL5XZoqcWAGL0Yb3P6-VAegh4bDGPNy4eUJeJgjM5T%2BeHdO7VQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to