On 02/07/11 03:02, Wookey wrote:
>> Time for a remote control program that works across the web, been
>> >  looking for one that works on linux, easy to do on Windows nowadays
>> >  :(
> Been around for ages it's called vino/vinagre. (if you have gnome
> installed it'll probably already be there. The tricky bit is that both
> ends are often behind NAT so the machines can't see each other. It
> works well given an IP.

Hence I said across the web, I use the above at work, this one keeps
promising Linux support, but....

Hmmm in getting the web address, I see they seem to have released a beta
for linux yesterday

http://www.mikogo.com/2011/04/21/mikogo-linux-beta-testers/

>> >  A bit more of a pointer could be useful, but I will see what I can find
> Sorry I failed to find that info quickly, so left as excercise for the
> reader.

As I said a pointer, not actually the test, a search for wxgtk, takes me
to all sort of thing, like wxpython wxperl....
vtk I thought was typo of gtk at first, but it is also a graphics tool,
but again, I do not have the knowledge to do a useful search, sorry this
reader failed.

I will work on all the other alternatives early next week, cave
surveying getting in the way of computing.

Andrew