Okay I have found time (mainly contingency time to fix a mess was the problem) to change the drives to the nvidia once as in the instructions on
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#non-free_drivers And loch runs, unfortunatly it only shows a grey screen when you load a file, and it is not refreshing properly as the menus get left behind. Worse, Aven now also shows a grey screen when you load items, although it seems to be there as the tree appears, and by randomly stabbing at the screen I can select stations and measure to another station. Xorg.log and the information from the Aven help screen included I notice that 5.3.8 is now an update, but I have not applied that yet. On 02/07/11 03:02, Wookey wrote: >>> > >This is going to be difficult to debug remotely if I can't reproduce. >> > >> > Time for a remote control program that works across the web, been >> > looking for one that works on linux, easy to do on Windows nowadays >> > :( > Been around for ages it's called vino/vinagre. (if you have gnome > installed it'll probably already be there. The tricky bit is that both > ends are often behind NAT so the machines can't see each other. It > works well given an IP. My parents broke their computer, so it spurred me into looking again Teamview does remote access across the web, and does not need installing Works quiet well, although you cannot shut down X which might be needed for this. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx > >>> > >There should be some wxgtk samples/demos you can run which would show >>> > >if it is a wx problem or a loch problem. (loch uses VTK, which uses WX). >>> > > >> > >> > A bit more of a pointer could be useful, but I will see what I can find > Sorry I failed to find that info quickly, so left as excercise for the > reader. Is this the sort of thing you meant? http://gtkperf.sourceforge.net/ It worked before and after and gave a time -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: Xorg.0.log Type: text/x-log Size: 24248 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110719/fec3ebb0/attachment.bin> -------------- next part -------------- An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed... Name: System_info_Aven.txt URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20110719/fec3ebb0/attachment.txt>
